Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Street Team Challenge - Grids


This month I decided to participate in Street Team challenge grid lock http://michelleward.typepad.com/how_cool_is_that/ you know I am all about grids from the grid I posted awhile ago, I had fun with it, but now they have taken it a step further


This is the one I posted awhile ago, I had fun with this one to.


                         

So this is how it happened, I wanted a picture underneath so I sketched the bird, used sharpies and colored the squares, easy peasy




Then  I used what ever I had on hand a covered the grid

so that when you opened it a bird appeared, I messed a few scrapbook pages the way they open so I will fix that and you would be able to see the bird better, they are squares you can write on.  It was fun, so many possibilities.  So go over there right now, what are your waiting for, I see you thinking about it, its fun, easy fast, and you made art today.

17 comments:

  1. That is a totally unexpected interpretation of the grids! I love it!! I haven't done one yet. But it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Rooster! This is fantastic. The detailed doodle grid is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lee! Fantastic grids! Thanks for sharing your earlier one - the diagonal is a clever composition. And this new one - I like how you created a grid background under the very cool bird - but never expected you were going to finish it off with the lift-up modules! Thanks for sharing your process photos, and your completed layout. You are pushing the edge here with making grids - definitely will inspire the team. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh yeah!!!!! Wonderful awesome art here Lee!!!! So inspiring. I have been on a two week break from everything, haven't had the time to create yet....hopefully soon, after we are all settled in again. Until then I enjoy yours ;)
    Smiles, Anke ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo. this is pretty nifty! I wasn't expecting them all to open individually and I really liked the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Oh wow! lee this is neat!
    i have never done anything like this...and that's actually amazing...cause I dabble in so many things! lol

    thanks for the inspiration! i have it locked into my idea vault....

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really impressive:) I just have to try that. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great interpretation to the challenge!
    I'll be working on my grid page later. Such a fun challenge...
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee what a cool idea! Yes, you have taken the grid to a whole new level-WOW. So much inspiration on the Street Team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa, that was cool! I wasn't expecting the pop-ups either. How cool. You have way more patience than I would :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice the way you made the paper flaps you can lift, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:37 AM

    Good heavens - that's brilliant. I'm a scrapbooker too but a very 'flat and in its pocket' sort so would never have dreamed of doing this. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The peeking chicken is the coolest thing ever! Wow, thanks for sharing. happy creations, tj in germany

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! The making it interactive and hidden is a great idea.

    Thanks for sharing your process - I like the how just as much as the final result.

    MB

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's such a wonderful and cool idea, I love it ! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is really clever and not something I have ever done or thought about. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow. that is the most original take on this prompt. very fun and colorful!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter