Monday, February 19, 2007

Inspire me Thursday....

Ever give up on a piece of art that just did not turn out as expected? Sometimes there’s no choice but to throw it away, but other times we might hold on to it with hope that someday we might get inspired to finish it. Your challenge this week is to search your studio for those abandoned pieces of art that are beckoning you to finish them! It might be fun to show a before and after photo of the piece of art.

I made this piece last year and struggled to finish it, after awhile I just decided it was finished. But its not finished , I look at and think its need moreof something. So its sat and sat on my workbench in my studio since completion. I just don't know what to do with it, I have thrown it in the garbage a few times, only for my daughter to fish it back out and say its to good for the garbage. So I am totally open for suggestions on how to make this piece speak to me...

4 comments:

  1. I really love the yellows and the Parisian fashion vibe! You didn't mention the size, but I think you could reinvent this by cutting out the dress (along with the elements that you put on top) and collaging it onto a larger background, adding a fun face - maybe something stamped and embellished - arms and legs. You could use the checked background to make tights for the legs, and add some funky shoes. I'd put it on a darker background for contrast. I think you're daughter was right! This is too cool to get tossed! Reinvent it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:03 PM

    It is too good to throw away! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:31 PM

    I love it! I can't imagine throwing it away. Carla has some good suggestions. After reading them, I can see how it needs a face and perhaps more breathing room. Otherwise, I wouldn't change it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:33 AM

    I love this yellow one Lee - just as it is. (I am writing to apologize to you as I have deleted one of my posts and there was a lovely comment from you on it - please forgive me)!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter