Wednesday, June 19, 2013

my travel JOURNAL

I decided when I went on my road trip, that I did not want to take to many things with me.  Because I wanted to enjoy my time with my friends.  So this is what I took and made.
  1. first I decided it had to fit in my pencil bag, and it did.

click on picture to enlarge
 
 
2.  I would try to use only what I found while travelling. Brochures, receipts pictures etc.
     (I did take a baggie of stuff just in case) used very little of it

3.  I would try to draw and illustrate to truly make it mine
 Before I lleft I did two things, made a pamphlet booklet and made the map on the front page and the back
And that was all the rules I allowed , otherwise anything goes as you will see.



CLICK ON EACH PICTURE TO ENLARGE
 
 
THE wine bottles were made out of candy wrappers that my friend
had in our room as a treat
 
 
 
 



I used a paper bag that I received when I bought some goodies, it had
images and stuff stamped on it
 
 
 
 


 
My friend bought some kale chips and I loved the label so I used it
it opens up and I can journal in it





Sometimes when you are doing a travel journal its nice
 
to put in things to do in the summer, animals you see on the highway
 
I have not drawn the animals I did see yet but I have saved a page just for that
 
That little fold out was given to me in a mail exchange
and it fit the picture of my friends perfectly

 
This is a map of Victoria, and I put some cards of places I wanted
to remember, and then drew on the map where they were

 
A lot of people now travel with pets, and I wanted to remember that,
on the opposite page, I drew some signs I saw along the highway
I made a pocket to store stuff, and add a shiny frame  on one of the images

Another bag page, that opens up and I made it so it stores stuff

I made a list of all the fruit that the Shuswap grows

 
 
 
And the last page of the map
 
 


10 comments:

  1. this is ALL very wonderful - I love them all! way to have a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy did you do alot when on vacation! I like it all but I especially love your drawn map. What a great thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a vacation keepsake. I especially like all your drawings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:24 PM

    Thanks for sharing this is great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lee...your travel journal is great...what a fun way to keep a record of what you did. I just came from reading your interview over at Karen's. I enjoyed finding out more about you :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Lee I just LOVED your journal its fantastic and shows how your art has progressed and matured in the most amazing way! again...just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:27 AM

    Fabulous journal, so great to meet you on Mail Me Some Art. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your journalpages! Such a nice memory ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally inspiring, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! :))))))) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter