Thursday, June 07, 2007

In the Style of Mogiliani


Amedeo Mogiliani is one of my favourite painters. I discovered him on the blog of Carla Sonheim (see link). I just love his style and colour. His work can be distinquished by long necks and faces. I am in search of my own style but love his, so some of his style I have incorporated and updated the look to make it my own, still trying to work it out to be mine but trial by error. Thus the word trendy, I made her trendy, haircut etc. This started out as a sketch in my art journal and stayed there, but painted the background. Hope you like it, have you found your style....

1 comment:

  1. I love this piece!

    I think that as we draw on the styles of artists we love, our own style evolves and we can claim it as our very own.

    Have a great day,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter