Friday, June 15, 2007

Studio Friday - Imprefection -Hand art


Wabi-sabi (in Kanji: 侘寂) represents a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centred on the acceptance of transience. The phrase comes from the two words wabi and sabi. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete" (according to Leonard Koren in his book Wabi-Sabi: for Artists, Designers, Poets and Philosophers). It is a concept derived from the Buddhist assertion of the Three marks of existence — Anicca, or in Japanese, 無常 (mujyou), impermanence.

This weeks studio friday as all about imperfect. Thats what my art is, it can never be perfect because I could just go on working on peice forever. When I feeling blue about my art I think did Picasso ever have a bad art day. Did he ever just roll it up and throw it out. I bet he did, he could not have been perfect all the time...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:41 PM

    I'd love to talk to other artists! Find out if they thought their work is bad or good. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to read what you wrote about wabi sabi. It's such a beautiful concept. One of my favorite artists who is really into wabi sabi is Harold O'Connor. Check out his website: www.haroldoconnor.com

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter