Sunday, February 15, 2009

Transferring part 1


I have beenf experimenting transferring photos. This transfer was done by using gesso as the transfer medium.
I was quite happy with it, I used gesso on my page that I was transferring the picture to. Gesso on the picture. And then let it dry completly. I think this is most important.

Once dry I used a spray bottle with water, and used my finger to scrap the layer of paper off.
And then used paint, distress inks and grahite pencil for the rest. Keep tuned for more results with different mediums. I am determined to get this right. I think one of the secrets is the paper you transfer the image to.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:40 PM

    Looks FABULOUS!
    Am always looking for different image transfer ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Wow.....this came out really great, Lee! A transfer "10" in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:14 PM

    OMG!!!!!! that is fab and good you included a tutorial for duds like me - never tried this technique before! keep us posted on more mediums!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thumbs up! I never tried Gesso but it looks awesome with and without the paints. I love to do Gel Medium Transfers, but seen this might makes me curious how good Gesso works for, especially with Lasercopies, mmmhhh......what kind of Copy did you use? Print out from your PC or Tonercopy?
    Smiles, Anke ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:45 PM

    very cool Lee...I think that you should get in teaching your talent to others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. arg, I'm jealous -- I still have to go back, re-read the recent post on Lost Luggage, and try again, but to-date I've had next to no success with transfers. frustrating, because I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your transfer looks good. I have not tried gesso, but will have to give it a try and see what happens. Somebody else mentioned gel medium. I generaly use Golden Medium Body. I bought Liquitex this last and have not had a chance to use it. For your paper try a light weight photo paper, or printer paper.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter