Sunday, February 10, 2008

Challenge- Red


The Challenge: Given that Valentine’s Day is next Thursday, this week’s theme is: SEEING RED. Make either an ATC or 4 x 4" card using materials you already have. No buying new. Once completed, I want you to give your card to someone that did something above and beyond the call of duty, as a small "thank you". The catch … it has to be a complete stranger. Experience what it’s like to let go of your art and allow it out into the world with no strings attached.

Post’em: Post a link to your image along with the reaction of your gift in the comments below.

Due: Post by Friday, February 15, 2008.


I made a very traditional card 4x4. The person who I (my mother) is going to give it to is a 93 year old woman in her building (a seniors home). My mother is going to put it under her door for me. I will know the comments as the lady sits at my mothers table and they are friends. My mother is not going to reveal that she knows who the card is from. This lady is wonderful I do not know her personally just to say hi etc. At 93 she volunteers for everything in the building. She helps new comers feel welcome, she helped my mother. Most of these seniors do not have family members come to visit and I felt by giving her this card and by signing it friend they would have alot of fun at there table tryhing to decide who gave her the card.

11 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love this challenge. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Very nice idea Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a cute card and what a nice gesture...

    I am sure it will make her day...

    Cheers,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so sweet - a lovely challenge with a very nice gesture at the end of it. I think shell love the card Lee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:02 AM

    very special I think what you are doing is absolutely wonderful that you would take the time to make someone elses day special in this way
    love always you cousin Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:03 AM

    Oh this is the very best kind of RAK. You get to thank someone AND you get to hear how she enjoyed her surprise. Thanks for joining in the challenge Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:51 PM

    ...what a fabulous card Lee.....and how nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is darling!! It will be appreciated I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lee,

    What a wonderful thing to do. I'm sure your beautiful valentine will make her so happy...

    ~Gina

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a beautiful card and a wonderful idea that you had - I'm sure that old lady will love it and have a brighter day because of it!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter