Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to School,Crusade NO. 33


This month's challenge  at to feed your brain - in or out of the studio. Tell us on your blog what you have learned recently, what you plan to learn, or what you are currently learning. It does not have to relate to art. It can be anything. Tried a new recipe? Learned to knit? Took a yoga class? Refinished a piece of furniture or built a birdhouse? Joined a book club or learned ballroom dancing? 

Well this one was made for me, because I have been learning since I started blogging.  I have started a Class with we are making a funky journal.  Learning how to bind a journal. Something I never have done before, new techniques. Here are some of the painted and stenciled pages for the book.  Still need to funkafy it.  I dont think that is a word, so the spelling is funky....
 I took her stencil class and was enamored.  Her class is clear and really full of great information.  She shares her techniques so easily.

 I also signed up for http://lostluggage.typepad.com/the_land_of_lost_luggage/ Journal Super Nova both classes, journalling and  learning different binding techniques in making your journal.  So far I am watching the videos then going to makeone of the books (I think you can make 3-4 books which Julie shows you have to do on the video.  Lots of great information here to and reasonable.....Also signed up for the second part which begins soon, the second part is the journalling.
 I recently started making ATC's cards. I have always liked them but have been afraid mine would not meet the standard and nobody would want to trade with me. ..  I have joined some ATCs groups but so far just been a watcher.  The next step for me is to participate in a trade, which I have just signed up to  and create 2 cards for trade.
 
I have decided to try figure drawing again.  At the university here they have a drop class, so I have decided to drop in.  Another fear to face, is that what if I dont fit in art wise.  What if I think I can do it and just cant.  I have decided to go this winter and try it, one time. I have been practising this is an old sketch I did .






.I know for a fact that I want to redo my cookbook.  Do you all have a cookbook that you throw recipes in, like this one.
stuffed full of pages that need to be organized.  I call this one my winter works project.  I have been saying that for the past 4 winters.  But this is the year
So these are some of things that I am going to do this school year (lol)

13 comments:

  1. wow I'm impressed... what a great schedule of plans you have all ready for winter... that will keep the cabin fever at bay! good luck with all the classes and looking forward to you sharing all your art and journals. I have a folder of recipes like that too that I keep meaning to organise...yes..well its taking me years also to do the same - lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee....wow, you are going to be a busy lady. Could you tell me whose class you're taking for the Funky Journal, the name didn't show up on your blog post. I'm interested in making all kinds of journals. So I'm taking as many classes as I can manage.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfulness. I can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for dropping in the art class and hey, this is no art police to kick you out so you will be fine. Enjoy your projects and thanks for sharing the crusade. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee - beautiful work!! High five for plugging in to continued learning. The online classes are so clever - and a terrific chance to learn from other artists right in yoru own studio! Thanks for sharing with the team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very impressed with your willingness to do all of this stuff. WOW - i'm impressed. Best of luck and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed by your plans, too, the cookbook alone would scare me off! LOL. The figure drawing sounds like fun. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:28 PM

    Online classes are such a boon huh? Hope you're having fun. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Lee you are busy bee! Enjoy it sounds great to learn new techniques, I have to go down to my Studio soon and start creating again too....can tell already I miss it....smiles Anke ;)
    PS: thanks for sharing all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  10. another busy bee! great stencil pages, but i love your drawings bad. you are lucky to have a drop class, never heard of it before, certainly something we don't have in europe/germany.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Continuing to learn indefinitely is definitely the best way to go :) Looks like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool projects...
    I really like your ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh......re-do the cookbook...there is something I need to learn.. LOL I love how much you are doing these days, Lee...very inspirational!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter