Saturday, October 02, 2010

Courage required.....

I am trying out my new mixed media visual journal by strathmore.  Its holding up very good, I used marker, pastel, white pen and nothing shows thru.  Well this is a picture about my experience at the art cafe, how I was nervous to go in.  It could be better, I could have used a ruler to make the words straight, and the buildings.  But I am trying to be more open and loose and not as controlling in my art, so I left it.  But you gotta know its really bugging me, I was going to put gesso all over and start again about 5 times.
Well I am going to try and post everyday in October, might not be a huge post, sometimes maybe a picture but its a challenge.

3 comments:

  1. wow that is a challenge! Cant wait to see what this month brings on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:48 PM

    every day?? wow now that is a challenge! looking forward to seeing your blog in October!

    Krissie at Winterwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the challenge, Lee! Don't beat yourself up if you can't make a post..you're allowed to catch up. :)

    I love the STRATHMORE journals...I think they work great...and I love how you didn't gesso this page. :)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter