Monday, September 24, 2012

Geek Chic


This is a postcard I finished a couple of days ago, as you know I love making postcards.  When I saw these guys first I thought i would make them all look alike, white suits and moustaches and then it kinda took of from there.  I like the way it turned out.  I thought I would show you a couple of things I am going to be working on .

its the jar with the branches further down the page
 she is my favourite artist, and you know anyone could do this, I have been
collecting branches when I walk the dog, she painted some, she wrapped embroidery floss around some, doesn't it look fun, you know you could even do it Xmas y by using red and green, and tinsel.

the next thing was http://homegrownhospitality.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834518f7769e2017c31feed22970b-popup , she had one pdf for sale 7.50 and I bought it, I already had the ornaments. you know you can figure it out just by looking at it, make it your own, which I plan to do.  I will show you when I get them done, I am  making one for everyone in my family, its going to be kinda assembly line.

Also I wanted to be able to free motion stitch with my sewing machine, but the part here was 54.00, so I went on line and bought it for 21.00 including shipping, the exact part, because I have a really old Bernina sewing machine, but went i went to buy the part, they didn't have it in the store, and they told me what part it was, so I am sure I got the one that will fit.
So there is what I have been doing all weekend, long, so what have you been up to.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like youve been very busy Lee, with lots of great projects in the pipeline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the guys on the postcard!

    Wow...you have so many fun projects going. I like those branches and your idea about doing them for Christmas. Also the ornaments. I saw those and thought they would be easy to do. Now if I could just get myself to "do" something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your postcard is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter