Tuesday, October 02, 2012

What's your style?


My friend was over last night, and saw this in my sketchbook, and she said, you
know I would recognize your style anywhere.  And it hit me, I do have a style, 
and I didn't even no it, bright, bold, big eyes, whimsical characters.  I want to be an edgy artist, but I guess its not in me, I guess you go with what you got.  I know if i looked at some art on the web, I could pick out who did it, because they have a style of art.  Do you think you have a style that someone could pick out of a line up? 

3 comments:

  1. Of course you have a style! I've been telling you that for a long time.

    As for me, I doubt if anyone could pick out my stuff because I seem to be unfocused and keep doing something different. I can't seem to figure out what I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amusing that it takes someone else to help us "see" our style! We're so close to what we do that it must take a different perspective, don't you think? A certain distance we might not have from our own work. Lovely of your friend to tell you what she sees! And, like your friend, I think I might be able to pick out your work too.

    I haven't done anything in a recognizable style yet, only perhaps what I draw rather than how. I try lots of animals and flowers in pencil, sometimes ink, and a few watercolors. My portfolio (and sketchbook) is very slim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above - when they find it everyone does have a style. love this by the way such cheerful patterns and colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter