Friday, December 21, 2012

Steel Blue Air

I left my kitchen window open last night
And all that fresh cold air came rushing in
It gets so damn dark down here
Sometimes I want that steel blue air
The only plant I had just up and died
I feel so bad 'cause it's my fault
It was stone bone dry
It hardly ever saw the sun
It never saw the rain come down
I got a cat so I'd have company
 
We seldom talk, he eats a lot
But seems to like me
My place has never been the same
I'd like to be alone again
I left my kitchen window open last night
I haven't seen the cat
He caught a midnight flight
It gets so damn dark down here
Sometimes I want that steel blue air
jan arden






lyrics by Jan Arden, love her music
baking again today, last batch of cookies burnt
tell's you what kind of baker I am
out for dinner tonight with the hubby
final misc Christmas details to nail down today

3 comments:

  1. Now I had a good laugh. At first I thought it was you who left the window open. My god...is she crazy I thought. ( sorry for that) and then I understood, and had a good laugh. Thanks for that!
    At last I'm finally ready for Christmas too and I love it. No more baking, no more washing, no more decorating, no more nothing. Yayyy!
    By the way love your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought you'd left the window open! lol! love the girl in the pic!
    I am now picking up speed with the christmas stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Lee!!!!!! I did not bake one single cookie this year and that is fine with ;)

    Smiles to you, Anke :))))

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter