Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Tale of the Wicker Chair

 
I have always loved wicker.....last year we had some new neighbours move
in across the street.  A single mother and her teenage daughter, really
nice people.  On there new house they had a little porch, and they had
two wicker chairs, which she had painted lime green, and they had
lime green and white covers on them.  (no i did not steal them)
Any way the year goes by, and I tell the hubster, you know this year
we are going to get some wicker chairs.  And low and behold
that very night what is out on the curb ready for the garbage pickup those chairs
So in the dark of night I sneak across the street to look at the chairs
and one is in perfect condition.  So I bring it back to my house, 
and  the hubster puts in the studio, and says it cant go
outside because she would think we are just garbage pickers
So to make a long story short.....she had now moved the
wicker chair is outside on my little porch at the front
and I enjoy sitting in the sun reading a book in it.
 

8 comments:

  1. Lee, I love your wicker chair. Sweet! Enjoy.....Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wicker! And I enjoy scouting the neighborhood for interesting "treasures." I have a whole set of wrought iron tables (had to buy the glass) and a big frame (that now holds a mirror). All from travels down our road. I leave out furniture too and most of it has disappeared overnight. I'll admit that when I pulled that mirror frame out of the trash, the big dog that lived at that house decided I shouldn't be on the edge of his turf. I ran back to the car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Lee, your story became a movie in my head instantly. So lifeful, you sneaking around in the dark looking up the chair, oh my, thanks for a good laugh. Love your artpiece as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this story and the drawing to go with! I think it's okay to be a "garbage picker"...as long as it's good garbage and not banana peels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...love your story Lee, I love wicker chairs too! there is something so romantic about them isnt there? love your pic - tells the story well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story! I've also "rescued" furniture from the trash but it's been years ago. And I have a wicker chair...my kids gave it to me for Mother's Day way back in the 70's and I still have it. It's getting a little wobbly but I can't bear to throw it away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol and what a great story! you are so versatile - what a great work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you and I, too, love wicker furniture! Cute story and an adorable piece of art~

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter