Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pursing Heads

I am taking Pam |Carrikers class Pursing Portraits, because I would like to be able to draw people realistically, I mean not draw you, but a person who actually looks like a person, do that make sense to you.
I love Pam's people she draws, her style, not that I want to draw like , but I to be able to draw people.

I have been drawing them in my sketch book and critiquing my work.  What I like and what I don't like.
So then I can try and improve on things I don't like, for example the mouth needs major work, and I like
one of her eyes, the right one.

On another note here is a link to a fantastic video that Janet sent me , this person draws and paints a women's head and uses tissue paper , she has four videos watch all four I really learned alot  http://www.greenislescrafts.com/2012/01/mixed-media-face-prompt.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GreenIslesCrafts+%28Green+Isles+Crafts%29 once you get there scroll down a bit and you will see the video, its really
good.
Well today I am painting some tissue paper, finishing up things, and cooking Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, getting ready for the Grammy's.  Isn't it a shame about Whitney.
Lee

5 comments:

  1. I really like the way you added color to this face. It's so cool. Did you use watercolors?

    Today I'm elbow-deep in cleaning. I'm getting ready for Molly's visit on Friday. Excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your faces and people are improving - this one looks like its going to say something it looks so lifelike! must check out those links when have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. realism is overrated! I love the colors and shading of this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the eyes!
    And, once again, you can get away with using such vivid colors! I feel like my art is too shy to go bright. I envy you people who can use 'wrong' colors for something, but it still looks great!

    ~Laura~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:54 PM

    I love your artwork. Have you ever created ATCs? Have a look... would love to have your art in our community.

    ATCsforAll.com

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter