Friday, April 03, 2009

No cost-to low cost stencil ideas

The other day Janet (Lavender Loft)http://jkbees.blogspot.com/ was commenting she wanted some ideas for stencils that were diffent. So I thought I have some so thought I would post them. We both are taking a stencil class from http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/. I just figured out how to do that... The circles are cardboard, I found at Michal es, they were putting out stock and ripping up there boxes and I took this home. I love circles and they makes them perfect.
Dollar store foam stamps, also Michael's, .50 cents.

The angel I got at Michael's in the wood section for $l.00 I thought it would make a great stencil The flower and the cirlces were from a transparency I had and I just cut them out and made it a stencil
Now I was in Home Depot the other day and found this sponge with texture on the back and liked it.
I went again to Michael's for flowers for my house and thought this leaf would make a great stencil and I love the way it looks. $1.00

Home depot again this is used when they are making the walls they lay this roll over the wall, sorry I cant remember what it was called, or the price. I know it was more than a dollar Michael's again dollar bin you get about 5 of these for a $1.00, different kinds.
Found this at my friendly dollar store it make the coolest textures.
The Salvation army shop, looking for cool things for my studio and found two of these. $.50
Paper lace dollar store

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Cool ideas! You must have a great Michael's....I haven't seen any of those things in ours. I was just there this morning, walking up and down all the aisles looking for stencil-y things. All I found was some of that new paper in the scrapbook section....I'll put it on my blog later today.

    Ok, now I have to go to Home Depot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Lee,
    Great stenciling ideas. I want to try them all!

    Hugs
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy8:27 AM

    ....very creative Lee....and you found some paper lace doilies .....where did you find them??? I hope to get started on my next quilt today, your ambition has got me going here in the Shuswap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:28 AM

    Hi Lee,

    Thanks for your comment - it's a relief to know that I still have a job to go to, even for a short while!
    Its been a tough year so far - fingers crossed that for all of us it's get better soon.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lee, this is a pure inspirational blast!!!! Thanks so much for sharing all your great findings and ideas!!!! This looks like a lot of fun!!!! Smiles, Anke ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing! This is very helpful =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:46 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter