Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Love Song....

This is my self portrait for Wednesday, over at Misty's. Alright you probably saying to yourself
there are a few odd things here. One why does she have a bird on her head. No birds have touched my head I can tell you that. The bird in this picture represents freedom to me. Freedom to fly, to spread its wings, to try new things. And that me, reborn .l..since I don't work anymore I have the time to experiment and try new things. The second thing is she is missing an eye and she has a funny nose. Okay the eye was in there and looked like hell, so I took it out, yes I took it out. An artist can do what she wants to do. But in turn made the nose look bad. Okay I played around with it for ever and thought I am leaving it. So here she is in all her splendor, bad nose, no eye, and a bird on her head.l I used napkins as the background, you are not suppose to know that. All and all that is who I am, I have all the required parts. Of those are my words, on the way to Ikea tonight I was composing in my head. Talking to myself out loud in the car, the guy driving beside me gave me quite the look and got out of my way. I had to stop and write it down before I forgot it....

11 comments:

  1. Winterwood5:48 AM

    Lee this is just fabulous, your pages are getting better and better each time... love them!!I also love the text!
    what did you get at ikea??

    ReplyDelete
  2. lee - i think you should make a journal page with the scribbled notes your wrote while in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bird, totally 'get' the symbolism there. and her other eye? that's migraine eye (at least in MY head), we wouldn't wanna see that anyway! I was going to ask if those were napkins, but only because I recognized them as some I have in my stash! great page -- I need to remember that I can 'paint' or collage or do other things than take photos for self portrait challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really really like your PR! So nice to meet you!!!! I posted too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun page! The napkin background is great.
    Love that you just kept going with your idea, but edited what you didn't like.
    I could put a bird on my head because I've had birds on the brain lately. We just put up feeders in the last month & I am loving looking out to my crab apple tree to see who has congregated there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she lookx just fine with one eye and a bird on her head. I love what the bird represents to you. Isn't it great to have the freedom to play and experiment!!

    And the words are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving your blog and your self reflection and work process, everything. I don't even care that you only have one eye, a different nose and a bird on your head(which is a lovely illustration by the way) I care about the freedom part of your post. I've been thinking about that freedom thing a bit myself lately! I really love your work so if freedom means more beautiful work to inspire I'm all for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. The colors are gorgeous. I love the idea of you talking to yourself in the car. Creative people like us are allowed to seem "eccentric" to others, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I like her with one eye, she is very authentic looking. And, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one talking to herself in the car! lol
    -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. "An artist can do what she wants to do." Bravo!!! The words you composed for this page are beautiful. I talk to myself in the car, too, but I try to stop whenever I'm at a red light, so people don't think I'm batty, LOL. Sometimes I forget!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter