Sunday, April 12, 2009

Like a Virgin-for the very first time trying....


Pastels: I have used pastels here and there but never in a whole picture. Today I saw a hairless Cat, yes, a hairless cat. To me the cat looked like a rat. Sorry to those people who have hairless cats. I made this crazy challenge to myself, to try new art forms. I thought this hairless cat would be good in pastel (white), the cat was white. I had to use an art pencil as well ,as I couldn't get some of the definition I wanted. Yes I know doesn't really look like any cat you know. Maybe one from outer space but thats okay with me. My hairless friend would be proud to know he is now in my art journal for as long as the journal is around.
Today was Easter Sunday, how was your day. Tomorrow I am having 12 people over relatives for turkey. We are all bringing something so that makes it easy. I usually like to do this on a Sunday, but the daughter is working tonight so tomorrow is the day. Today was beautiful, we got alot of work done outside, washed down the house, the driveway, cleaned up the garage, the deck etc. When you live in a cold climate you make the best of it when spring and summer hits by being outside as much as you can.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 AM

    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my daughter's friends had a hairless cat so I know what you're talking about. I think this looks like him. I have two kinds of pastels and seldom ever use them. You did a good job. I like how you experiment with different things....that's inspiring for me.

    PS - how are you liking the class?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:36 AM

    I really admire anyone who can draw...with any tool...well done! It looks like a hariless cat to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cat. Since I've never seen a real hairless cat(and not sure I want to see one to tell the truth) so looks like a hairless cat to me.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter