Saturday, July 10, 2010

Its a Cats Life


Just gothttp://carlasonheim.wordpress.com/ new book called Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun (Lab Series)  I love it.  Of course I have been following her for ages, I love her style, and her animals are so amazing.  In the book first exercise is of course to draw cats, draw 100 cats, one or two are going to turn out.  So I think I drew 50 and these two were the ones I like the best.  Of course they are my version of cats.  I don't have cats, don't want any cats.  I am so sorry cat lovers of the world, I am a dog kinda girl.  Other than that, today I bought some Vine Charcoal, and some Micron ..03 black pens, looking for those Strathmore Mixed Media Sketch books still not out for the general public.  Looked at furniture for the shoppers new place, checked on my Mom and now am going to BBQ steak, and corn on the cob, mushrooms and baked potatoes, and might even break out the wine, or beer.  Well I better go, be prepared to see more sketches , I plan on going thru the exercises one by one.  I joined a group called  Artists of the Round Table, who are doing the book chapter by Chapter, I tried this before on another book, and did not do so good, about keeping up, I am hoping this one will take.  Well what did you do today?


3 comments:

  1. I love your cats, I have the book on order. It looks like it will be fun to play with.

    I got the flag in the mail and just love what it says. Thanks so much for your kindness it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a doggie person mysoef too although I have had two cats before, but dogs are my faves.

    love your cats in the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My local B&N didn't have this book but I ordered it online a couple of days ago! Your cats are great....and I am a cat person! I've never owned a dog. It's always been cats for me. I like that they're so independent.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter