Thursday, March 04, 2010

Heart of a Woman


Magazine picture, scrapbook paper, paint, crayon, black ink pen

Now I was not going to watch Oprah today, because Jessica Simpson was on.  But decided while I was getting dinner ready I would have it on.  She said something today which really made me think and want to create a page in my art journal about .  She said beauty is the heart of a woman.  I could not agree more.  It is not how you look, how big or small, how tall or short.  Its all about whats in your heart.  If you have a good heart your inner beauty shines through and that is all that should matter.  And I really believe this I am not just blowing smoke out of my butt.
I had fun creating this page and really put my heart into it (a bit of a pun did you guys catch that).  The prompt today was blue, and there is some blue in the page.  Blue you could do so many things with.  I cant believe I have been working in the journal 3 days in a row,  I am on a roll.  Hope I can keep it up.  What did you do that was fun today?





10 comments:

  1. Wow! I think this is my all-time favorite of yours!!! It's beautiful! I watched most of that interview with Jessica Simpson, too. I came away with an entirely different opinion of her. And I also loved that quote.

    Gorgeous work!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica Simpson has an authenticity I've always liked. What she EVER saw in that diahrea-mouthed idiot John Mayer -- ????

    Your page went STRAIGHT through me -- you caught it, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just love this one. I am so going to have to dable in mix media but havent a clue.

    I can so relate, your beauty will shine through!!

    Awesome blog, Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and another WOWOWOW from me too, this is just one of the best I think... its so soulful and really speaks its piece so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I would like to get in touch with you on mobilizing your blog site for free. More info available at http://www.buzzcity.com/f/mobilizer. You can even preview how your blog will look on the mobile by clicking on the 'Test it now' icon on the left of the page. Pls contact me at andrew@buzzcity.com to discuss this further. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely, and so true! I also enjoyed your "Wild" post a few days ago...Lots of fun, my heart can relate! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome artwork!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the piece too. It's lovely and has a wonderful message. I watched Jessica Simpson too and was pleasantly surprised by her interview. She is such a beautiful girl and accomplished singer and to find out she deals with the same issues that so many women deal with was inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter