Saturday, January 28, 2012

Everyday page

I know i have mentioned before that i have an everyday book,
one that sits beside me in the studio, while watching tv.  I treat this
book badly, its out of its cover, there is paint, and markers all over
I stick anything I find it, I write grocery lists, generally
just abuse it.  I guess its sort of my art journal ling book.
But i like to think its my idea book.  Take for example
this little guy above, he is not perfect, its something
i sketched and used markers on for an idea, maybe
i will use that idea maybe i wont, but its down
Everything you do does not have to be perfect
and beautiful to call art.  Do you have an everyday book?

5 comments:

  1. That's so funny that you ask this question now - I just found about five journals where I jot down ideas. I'm going to try to consolidate them into one book to make it easier. I have a book for quotes, a book for "anything" I think of or hear about that I want to remember, a book where I jot down books to read, etc etc.

    I completely agree that things we put in our idea book don't have to be "perfect" art. Usually I just make a quick sketch so I don't lose the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a book is a good place to do all these ideas and close by too. I usually make lists on the computer, then find that I cant find the file I put it in! cute birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO!!!! You should see the crazy sketches, doodles, and terrible ideas in it. I also write in there, it's kind of a day-to-day journal, I guess. I stick in labels, receipts, I draw mindlessly in it when I'm on the phone, and really, I don't know what I would do without it. I think everyone should have one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my poor-expressive-drawing-one.....for ideas I have another book where I write into, just writting. I love the idea though of your everyday book...I am sure it is fun to look through once in a while and smile about yourself and the crazy wild expressive ideas you have/had...enjoy!!!! And let the creative engery flow!!!! Smiles, Anke :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a book like this, but then started getting confused with my daily planner...too many books! So I put the everyday book aside, but I kind of miss it! I have to find a way to use it, but not get myself confused!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter