Friday, January 13, 2012

I never promised you a rose garden


Last night while watching mindless TV, I was sketching, and using
my Tombow markers, this is what I came up with, actually
I made two, but they are different, I didn't do them in my
art book, I did them in my everyday book that I write
grocery lists, phone numbers, things that need to be done
these are just sketches and ideas for future drawings, and
paintings that I felt the need to get down and explore.

both different but yet similar
which one do you like

9 comments:

  1. That's no fair....I like them both! The colors in the first one really look great but then I also like the colors in the second one, too. So it's settled - I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I too like both of these. The colours in the first one are so vibrant....but maybe the second one has a little something deeper? It feels a little more compelling to me somehow put I can't quite put my finger on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one reminds me of a piece of Oriental silk...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the second one better but having said that the first one is very eye catching too! ok then I like them both the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a sucker for blue/turquoise - the second one is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so pretty! I think the first is my favorite.

    I like drawing on lined paper. Several of my idea-books (not really sketchbooks, but I suppose you could kind of call them art journals) are just the college-ruled notebooks. There's just something about the lines showing through the watercolor that I like.

    ~Laura~

    ReplyDelete
  7. the second one is my favorite because of the turquise background which I always love... real nice doodeling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh longing for spring and summer....I am with you on that....not like winter, lol.
    Enjoyed your new art!!! Thanks for the inspiration, smiles, Anke :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like these! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter